Thursday, August 12, 2010

It has been a long time

Hi guys and girls,

This seems to be the usual mode of my blog deliveries. They are pretty far apart. No matter how seriously I set it in my mind to sit down and at least write down my observations. I realise that I end up spending too many months before I actually get some other brainwave.

So, what have I been up to? This is surely a question that people might be asking. Am I married? This is what relatives are asking. Am I happy with my job? This is what my friends are asking. Am I happy? This is what I am asking myself. The answer is No, No and Hell NO!!!
Interesting point to note here is that, the best way to get someone to follow in your line of thought is to get them to say "yes" 3 times, and THEN ask them the question that you want them to say yes to. Works like a charm all the time. :)

So I realize that asking myself these questions is pretty straightforward leading me into a position where I am not interested to change. I am not even trying to get myself to say yes. After all, admitting there is a mistake or problem is the first step to solve it. This is a mistake that a lot of us do. Something triggers a change in our lives. We feel down and we neglect the other parts of our lives. We never take the initiative to look at the strengths in those parts of our lives to fix this one problem which came up.

It's called focusing on the problem instead of a solution. You just need to spend 25% of your time Identifying the problem and Defining the problem. Then you spend 50% of your time to come up with a list of solutions as long as your leg... ;). The last 25% of the time is spent evaluating all the alternatives and choosing the best solution from your list. Instead of 25% on the problem, people usually spend almost 90% of their time replaying the problem in their head over and over again. Only 10% of their time is spent looking for a solution and a lot of times realising that if they moved faster they could have mitigated the situation better. I was in that spiral as well.

Having said all that, I am proud of myself now. I have admitted the problem and started looking at alternatives. Before this, when I was in a downward spiral I'd want to forget the world by focusing on fictional books and games to keep me occupied. At one point I was focusing on the alternative of meditational and philosophical books to keep me occupied. Once I realised that listening to my Guru's speech and actually analysing that monthly is a much more spiritual experience, I basically stopped confusing myself with all the meditation theories out there.
My Guru says Love is the way. Love is the solution. I understood deeper that we have to start by loving ourselves. Once you love yourself, you will focus on your positive points. You won't be bothered by your negative points. You will work on those points. You will break them down and build yourself again. Now, that is what I am doing. Breaking down the negative emotions and assumptions that I have about myself. Rebuilding it with all the positive points that I have in myself. Then the love will naturally flow me to other people in my family and circle of friends.

The past is no longer going to keep me down. There was so much which I could not do when I was younger. I didn't have the internet. I have it now and I am maximising it with the time I have at my disposal. I am catching up with all the things which I said that I had missed out on, which would have made my life better. I am downloading NLP videos. I am downloading guitar lesson videos. I am learning about other languages. I know that I am going to be a better person regardless of my situation in life.

The NLP videos are particularly interesting as suggested by one of my superiors. I always wanted to join a course. I didn't have the money but now I do have the video courses to refer to. It's showing how to change the way we perceive the world and how to make changes to our behaviour which most people will take for granted as impossible. I am totally happy with the learning.

1 comment:

ᵢɴker said...

a better person indeed...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...