Monday, January 22, 2007

Step 2: Submitting the Application

Hey guys,

Now this was done last minute as the truest of Mathan's traditions. Honest to say, I really cannot remember what the Hell i was doing during August. But, I know I wasted my time a lot and took the whole application exercise lightly since the submission was by 3rd of October for the first round of Intakes.

September came and 2 weeks went by. It was about then I started everything. I realised at about that point that I had a LOT more to do than I realised. I was running around frantically. (My hair caught fire.Lol!~) There were 2 documents that I needed to get other people to write and submit. I chose Dr. Alan and Dr. Sagathevan to be my references. Took sometime for them to get the stuff written down and passed back. Had to get some copies and some documents verified.

Of course, the online site was a little difficult to navigate especially in trying to submit my educational background. I don't think ISB has had any students from Malaysia, therefore I could only submit best approximations to what I have scored. Sigh!~ I just prayed that my application would not be rejected due to the admissions team misunderstanding me based on the approximated results.

During this time, I would say Mr. Sanjay Singh of admissions was very, very supportive and cooperative. He took his time to explain in detail what I need and need not do through his emails. Honestly, his guidance helped a lot. Thank you very much, Mr. Sanjay Singh!

Submitted my applications online and couriered the hardcopies through DHL at end of September. Luckily, admissions team recieved my application package and updated the website promptly. Very happy at that time realising I've done the easy part and now the hard part was coming up. I was up to the challenge...Lol!~

I almost forgot the important part. I almost couldn't send the application on time due to being unable to find the bloody DHL office near my place. I found the area. It's just that the office was further in and I mistakenly thought, they being a prominent courier service would definitely set up their offices as close as possible to the main road. Oh BOY, was i WRONG!! It was so deep in I found it just as I was about to give up searching. Of course once I reached there, the guy there told me, they do document pick-ups at a little extra cost. Note to self: Definitely gonna use that service in future!! But, I did see a RPT Centre member working there. I was so happy to see her there. She briefly guided me on what I should do. Filled up the forms, put in the package for processing and left...

Step 2: completed...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...