Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Divine Move in Mysterious Ways

Hey guys.

I am not sure of my current topic at the moment. I just sat in front of the pc and i am sort of staring blankly and wondering what am i supposed to write. Maybe i will just mention this little trip i had to Singapore Airlines KL office yesterday. I guess it was an experience of seeing "Divine movement in mysterious ways".

Last week, my mother had this little intuition burst to ask me to go to work in Singapore. At the same time, i recieved news of job offers in the Singapore Airlines office in KL from not one but 2 totally different people. Both of them mentioned the same job which is the Customer Service Agent paying about RM1600.

It seems a bit far-fetched i know. Yet, these are the little 'clues' that i am USED to getting in the last 3 years since i joined my Meditation Centre. If I honestly am seeking for an answer and i really want to get it, somehow from somewhere a person would mention a little morsel of information in passing that i would be able to use to solve my problems. (So yeah, this is one of the reasons why i always ask you guys to come have a look at my Centre, for free la. The joining part where you pay RM730, you guys can think about it later. Come to find out formally the FULL BENEFITS you can gain because i am not supposed to divulge too much info outside the Centre also =p!~)

Anyway, back to what happened. The clues led me finally to the SIA office yesterday. I didn't go last week itself as soon as i got the clues because i had to go to Serdang and make that whole ZOO trip with the guys to celebrate Jane Chuah's birthday. This made my parents a bit angry and on one of the nights, in the middle of lecturing to me about procrastination, they actually told me things that i never guessed was a part of my extended family's history. So, for this once procrastination worked out well(Haha!!~).

In the end, i reached the office to actually NOT get the job. Yeah, you heard rite! NOT to get the job. The receptionist told me that the opening was taken up last week itself. She also told me that looking at me I wouldn't last in that job at all. It is a position for SPM leavers and more suitable for girls. The job also doesn't have much upward mobility, i.e:- not much in the way of promotions.

She then proceeded to LECTURE me. Halfway through i realised that i was led to that place, with all the 'clues' NOT to actually get a job but in a way I was set to be there to listen to her instruct me. A lot of the things she said rang in the same tone of my parents' advices to me. Seriously though, coming from a total stranger it had a totally different feeling to it. It actually made me look at the points carefully and superimpose it with what my parents had already said because she was talking from a different level, a different angle and a different perspective. So yeah, i actually thought deeper about all those things that my parents had already said.

Next she went on to tell me about corporate life. [Stuff that you won't learn even in Harvard Business School, right Zack ;)?] Honestly though, it did feel that way. Here was someone that is experienced working for firms and she is willing to give me advise for FREE. Which idiot would not listen? I just soaked it all up as much as i can. The one hour plus i spent listening to that lady, i think i learnt enough of pure knowledge that can be gained in one semester in MMU. Plus whether or not she realised it, she actually gave me an outline of what i should be doing in the next 2 years. Interestingly, this was my question during my prayers!!~ "What path should i choose now?".

The Divine move in mysterious ways to answer our prayers.

-Mathan-

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...