Saturday, April 09, 2005

Escaping the authorities...

Morning 9.00am - 10.00am
Heart is pumping fast. There is a need to be there. I need to be there fast, and time is running out. I step on the accelerator. Every moment is a calculated risk that i am willing to take. Stepping on the accelerator is an absolute risk in my case as i have seen currently my luck, travelling on the Malaysian highway system, is not so good. Things happen to me, terrible things that never happened to me before. Sometimes, i feel that all the would-be accidents and near misses that i had experienced in the last 7 years went through some sort of 'credit accumulation'. And now, it's time to PAY in FULL. But, this is not the point of my post...

I took the calculated risk. I accelerated as the need of it pressed urgently. Then,.... i saw him, and my world came crashing down. White uniform shirt, black pants and boots, holding a laser speed gun at the divider, pointing at ME... *BaNg*..i died in my heart. "NO-oooooo, why of all days today?" was the thought running across my mind. A quick check told me i was doing 110Km/h, and i have to hope that is the speed limit in the area and not 90km/h hopefully. So much for taking calculated risks, i thought.

Anyway, i was praying hard and looking out for the road block that siphons out criminals from goodly citizens on the road. Yet, i did not see any. I realised belatedly after 10minutes that i had ESCAPED!~ I went on to the destination and reached on time. (Not that it was worth it due to the management incompetence on the other side. Yet, to offset that dissatisfactory event i met someone that could potentially be a great ally in my future and a guy that was a blast from the past;Mr. Gopinath Naidu. May it happen that we cross paths again and we have more time to discuss news, bro!)

Night 9.00pm
Fast forward to the night-life. Went clubbing and well, AGAIN there was a dissappointment as i belatedly realised that i was a part of a birthday party where i didn't know ANYBODY among the celebtrating. I hate it, i Hate it, I HATE IT!!!!!~ when people don't open their bloody mouths and inform me, as to what am i to EXPECT especially after i have ASKED them. I HATE IT, when i ask "Who else is going to be there?" and the response i get is "my fren". Yes, i realise i do not know you're friends but, telling me the name won't kill your friend, RIGHT? I do NOT ask personal questions, i just want to have a rough picture of what to expect and how to behave when i get there and to me, YES!! knowing their name beforehand helps. I cannot deal with surprises when they make me feel stupid and out of place, and that's exactly what happened, by not knowing what the whole outing was about. I just blindly went there to dance with a few friends and realised there is only so much dancing u can do if everybody is hanging out with their OWN friends and celebrating their own BIRTHDAY party.

Was totally feeling pissed off with myself for being so stupid. They all wanted to meet up at a mamak in Subang. 2 cars left KL; 1 car with 6 people crammed and another with me driving alone. So, NOW do u realise how out of place i was feeling? This 6 people included the people that invited me for the outing in the first place. The rest of the birthday celebraters i won't include in this calculation as i totally wasn't intro-ed to them also. Still don't understand why i wanted to continue on to a mamak session with them...but that is not the point....

IT HAPPENED AGAIN. I just drove past the Pudu Jail traffic lights when there was a police blockade. I was aghast. The escape in the morning was playing back in my mind and i was thinking, how COME? Is it Fated that i HAVE to be caught!~? Again, i started praying hard. I mean i just had one beer for the whole night, that i barely need to be questioned. The car approached the blockade. This time the policemen were serious, they really checked each car with torchlights. I busily thought how am i going to make it look like i am just a normal guy driving by and not back from clubbing. Threw away my neck-beads, wore my specs and did a little arrangement thingy of the stuff on the passenger seat and then approached the police. It had to be luck, i ESCAPED yet again!!~ They just took one disinterested look at my car and waved me off.

So, went to the mamak. Ate and returned home. Driving using a license that already expired end of last month.....;P

-Mathan-

4 comments:

morb said...

dude~!! for gawd sakes~! renew your license man~! 2 lucky breaks.. and yer still want to chance it?

anywayz..good job running away from the authorities.. not bad bro.. cheers to ya amitabhbachan~!

Obsius said...

er.. expired license? blasphemy! :P

anyway, just to pop ur bubble... the police have modernized themselves. Speedtraps via the laser-gun are now handled via computerised notice. If u DID get caught, u'll *probably* receive a summons letter addressed to the registered car owner OR u just wont know until u go check the database in the nearest traffic police office. Thats what happened to some ppl earlier this year during the ops when ppl didnt know they had summonses. It is YOUR duty to check it out.

anyway, just informing u that jsut becoz the roadblock din happen, doesnt mean u're free. Roadblocks nowadays are more for other more serious (or kopi?) situations. Speed traps use the communcations channels *sigh* take my word for it :P

Mathan said...

Alright Jeevan, thanks for the heads up. But, yeah i guess i will go to renew the license tomorrow.

And try to check if i got summons. But, i honestly hope that the speed limit there was 110 la...if 90 then really sakit hati. Cause, that part there the car is going uphill so i had to press the accelerator to not slow down cars behind me...

Mathan said...

To larry and jeevan,

Well i finally did my license. Yay!~ i am legal to drive around for the rest of my LIFE....errr..for 5 years of it anyway....*mumble..mumble*...

Now o wait and see if i really escaped unscathed....or is there lightning for me in the communication networks..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...