Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Mathan is gonna cook - Aftermath

OK last night i was just too busy after cooking to blog it in....

Let me see. What happened at the first? i went to the local store to get some stuff. Got japanese tauhu, mix vege, cauliflower, 2 eggs, cream of mushroom soup instant pack and a loaf of bread for today's breakfast. Altogether i spent about RM8 only.

Came back took shower and did my Meditation. The timing to wait before eating would be perfect because I could estimate about one hour in the kitchen.

I started by heating up the oil.....and then left it to heat for too long cause i was a bit lost as to which dish to start cooking first. Decided to steal my mum's already seasoned fish from the fridge and just fry it. I knew to be careful with hot oil and all that. What could i do if the fish decided to dive in rite? Now i have a 5 centimetre black mark above my right ankle where the oil splashed. Lesson learnt: DO NOT STEAL FROM YOUR OWN MUM....

Fish fried quickly. Next, i cut the tauhu and the cauliflower and then suddenly felt lost about where to actually add the cauliflower. Decided to finish up the tauhu first. Threw one into the oil to see what happens. Seriously i have never seen anyone do it before and i was totally clueless as to how fast it gets cooked. Saw to my relief that on a slow fire it does take some time. And then i dropped the whole lot in .....belatedly realising that there was NOT enough oil for them all. DAMN!~~ OK, simple thing ....just add more oil la. In a while they started frying. I prepared the egg in the meanwhile and i added soy sauce and salt to it. I made a mistake here. I think i should have dashed the soy sauce later and just added the salt at this point. Cause in the end only the egg tasted salty. The taste didn't spread fully to the tauhu and the mix vege. Oh and the whole mix was a bit too oily for my own liking. Next time, need to estimate the oil correctly.

Anyway, the cream of mushroom soup was darn simple as i had the instant pack. I just had to Boil it all in. However, i added some mix vege to it and finally threw the cauliflowers in there to make my very own cream of cauliflower soup. Jeng~~Jeng jeng!!~ ...this was a great dish. I loved every bit of it and think i was right in adding the extra ingredients as they gave variety to the dish.

Oh i forgot the rice. Here i was thinking the rice would come out a masterpiece as it is really damn simple to cook. Unfortunately, i put in a little too much water....>_<''...so, my rice turned out a prototype between normal rice and porridge. Looked like rice, but stuck to the spoon like glue when i scooped it to the plate.

Anyway like Pei Tze joked, now i have increased my cooking skill points. Ehehe...i think i might just do it a few more times as the Sizzing Tauhu almost turned out rite also. OK people and of course the best part of all, i am still here sitting and typing to u all without any problems so my cooking is edible and u can SUrvivE aahahaah....try it one day ya..;)....alrite, signing off for now until something interesting happens in my life.

P.S: Anybody want to watch a creepy anime? Try "St. Luminious Mission High School" The way they keep u questioning WHY!?!!?!? and not be able to figure out the puzzle is uncanny.

-MAthAN-

3 comments:

Living My Dream said...

Hi hi~

Nice to hear that you are cooking. Just don't try "poisoning" anyone yet.:P

Keep it up~ Maybe you'll become a great chef one day~

Xiang

Obsius said...

cooking~ din know u're home alone. lets crash ur place man :Þ anyway, just created an account purely to be able to comment. not too sure i'f i'll be bloggin to follow suit... sure seems like fun seeing that you wrote a few 'essays' in just a few days.

keep the blogs runnin'

Pei Tze said...

Hahahaha... u did put my comment inside ur post... LOL! I wanted to write it in here myself! ahahaha... anyway, u earned one cooking skill point! :P (those of u who plays 'The Sims' should know what the hell i'm talking about)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...